Better indoor air quality
It is important to maintain a clean and healthy environment in your home and workplace for your health and general well-being.
In keeping your indoor spaces free of pollutants, airborne viruses, pollen and other allergy triggers, you reduce your chances of developing a respiratory infection, neurological problems, or aggravating your asthma.
To do so effectively, you should use an air purifier.
What is an air purifier?
An air purifier is a device that filters stale air and helps to reduce the risk of health problems caused by indoor pollutants. The device is made up of a fan that sucks in air from the room, and a filtering system that captures dust and pollutants before circulating clean air back into the room.
Air purifiers can:
- Remove allergens
- Relieve nasal congestion and sneezing
- Relieve asthma symptoms
- Remove volatile organic compounds (VOCs) from your indoor environment
- Eliminate odours
- Enhance sleep
How does it work?
At Solenco we have the CF8500 and CF8608 Air Purifiers, as well as the Solenco Air Purifier Purification Pal.
The CF8500 and CF8608 Air Purifiers filter the air in your room by means of an advanced 6-stage filtration process:
- The air first passes through a pre-filter which removes large airborne particles such as pet hair.
- It then comes in contact with the H13 HEPA filter which removes particles smaller than the eye can see. The air purifiers are all equipped with Medical Grade H13 HEPA Filters which can remove at least 99.97% of dust, pollen, mould, bacteria, and any airborne particles with a size of 0.1 microns (µm). It is the highest tier of HEPA and is of medical grade quality.
- The air then passes through the antiviral filter that contains silver ions and copper ions, which kill bacteria or viruses. Proven to effectively reduce SARS-CoV-2 infection.
- It then passes through an activated carbon filter so that it is cleaned of odours, and the filter absorbs formaldehyde, benzene, and other noxious gases.
- A UVC light further destroys micro-organisms such as germs, bacteria, viruses, and fungi (such as mould spores).
- And finally, the air is passed through Photocatalytic Oxidation (PCO) to further ensure particles as small as 0.001 microns are destroyed.
The Solenco Air Purifier Purification Pal is a beautiful addition to any child’s bedroom or baby’s nursery. Even though it is a smaller unit it still receives the Allergy Foundation of South Africa’s seal of approval and has a four-stage air purification system which includes the pre-filter, a H13 HEPA filter, a carbon filter, and a UV-C lamp. It is very quiet and efficient, running at 45 Watts, and it even works as an optional night light and has fun, interchangeable characters for the cover.
Choosing the right air purifier
It is best to choose an air purifier based on the size of the room in which it will be placed. The Solenco CF8500 Air Purifier works best in rooms from 25m² up to 45m², at 2 to 4 Air Cycles per Hour (ACH), and it can move up to 230m3 of air per hour.
The Solenco CF8608 Smart Air Purifier can handle a slightly bigger volume. It works best in rooms of 50m² up to 95m², at 2 to 4 ACH, moving up to 483m3 of air per hour.
While the Solenco Air Purifier Purification Pal is a great fit for a 10 m² nursery, bedroom or playroom, at 4 ACH, moving approximately 83m3 of air per hour. review
Air cycles per hour or ACH is a measure of how many times the air within a room is replaced each hour. The more times the air within your room goes through the air purifier each hour, the cleaner the air will be.
To find out which air purifier will work best for you get in touch.