The company supplies environmental comfort appliances such as dehumidifiers, air purifiers, humidifiers, heaters, evaporative coolers and robotic vacuums amongst others.
Please carefully read and follow all instructions that come with our products to ensure that they are assembled, installed and used correctly. If there is any doubt or questions arise, please contact the company by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 086 138 8878.
Bespoke supply and special imports
If there is a requirement to supply bespoke products or where products will be imported especially, a deposit or the full amount for the goods will be required when the order is placed. Such orders may not be cancelled prior to delivery unless the company allows this. This will be at the company’s discretion. Should the cancellation of the order be allowed, some or all of the amount paid as a deposit can be forfeited. Additional cancellation fee could be levied to cover costs. The cancellation fee plus the amount forfeited will not be more than the full amount for the goods.
Cooling-off period for electronic transactions
4.1. Return of goods in terms of cooling-off period
Incorrect order delivered
- Please do not remove the product from its original packaging or any of the stickers or labels.
- Immediate notification will mean it will be arranged to collect the product from you. There will be no charge for this.
We will, at your choosing:
- deliver the correct product to you as soon as possible (if available); or
- send you a voucher for the purchase price of the product; or
- issue a refund (using the same method of payment you originally used for the purchase). Please note that a refund is not available if the item was received as a gift.
Products that have arrived damaged
- photograph of the outer box (including whether it has a Fragile sticker or not);
- photograph of the inside of the box, including the inner packaging; and
- photograph of the damaged item.
If necessary, the product will be collected at no charge. Once the product has been inspected by our service centre, or photographs perused, and the return is validated, the following can be chosen, according to your preference:
- replace the product (if available); or
- issue a refund voucher for the purchase price of the product or
- issue a refund (using the same method of payment you originally used for the purchase). Please not that a refund is not available if the item was received as a gift).
How to return an order
- The product can be dropped off at the company head office or at the retailer from where the purchase was made. There is no cost associated with this.
- A pick-up date and the return can be arranged for collection. There may be a fee for this service.
- The product can be couriered to the company offices at your cost.
How to package a product to be returned
The product must be packed in its original packaging, with all its accessories manuals etc. in another box or with as much padding and protective packaging as possible to prevent any damage during transit. The couriers will not accept any product that is not suitable for transport and therefore a repackaging fee can be levied. If the returning product has not been packaged properly and is damaged, the refund can be declined or reduced to cover the cost of making the product suitable for resale. The responsibility to package the item correctly remains with the customer.
How the refund is processed
9.1. Returns within 30 days
9.2. Damaged goods
Our goods warranty
The company warrants that all products are new and of good quality unless clearly described as used or reconditioned or as having specific defects.
Statutory warranty against defects
11.1. Defective products
11.2. Statutory compensation
11.3. Choice of compensation
Statutory warranty on repairs
12.1. Compensation under repair warranty
Our extended warranty
Certain of the products that the company offers have longer non-transferrable warranty (against factory fault) periods than the six months statutory warranty period; or additional extended non-transferrable warranty periods can be purchased from the company. This means the company will repair the defective goods or replace them with new or reconditioned goods, provided the defective goods are returned to the company within the extended warranty period. The period of any extended warranty depends on the goods and may cost extra. The terms of any extended warranty can be view on the web site. The company’s right to inspect the goods and charge a fee for this also applies to claims under the extended warranty.
Inspection of defective goods
14.1. Suitably qualified examiner
14.2. Inspection fee
The company can be asked to inspect any goods believed to be defective. An inspection fee equivalent to 20% of the price paid for the item can be charged. This fee will be fully refunded if the goods were defective when supplied.
14.3. The company examination duties:
The company trains its staff to recognise any defects in the product range offered by it. Misused of the goods, for example neglect, damage, altered or not used according to instructions can be ascertained. The company will give report on whether that defective goods were supplied or not, and this report will be final.
14.4. Limited refund of inspection fee
Statutory right to return unsuitable goods
15.1. Return of unsuitable goods
15.2. Refund of price of unsuitable goods
- The company will refund the reasonable postal or courier and insurance costs of returned defective or unsuitable goods should the consumer decide to do so. The company reserves the right to inspect the goods to confirm that they are defective before the refund is made. This will be done on the proof of costs.
Procedure for returns to other suppliers
Customers of other suppliers (such as major retail chains or online stores selling the company products) must return defective or unsuitable goods directly to that supplier. Customers must use the correct returns procedure. Please contact the customer services department of the relevant supplier for details of their returns procedures.
Invalidation of warranties and right to return unsuitable goods
Warranties on any of the company goods will be invalidated if any person who is not suitably qualified, and has been approved by the company, has opened, tampered with or altered the goods contrary to the instructions or removed the warranty label. This also applies to goods found to be unsuitable. It may be fraud to damage goods deliberately to claim a refund.
Exclusion of industrial use
The company will only warrant goods for any industrial or unusual commercial use if we clearly state this in writing.
Our returns and refunds procedure
The company returns and refunds procedure for returning defective or unsuitable goods, must be utilised otherwise the return will not be accepted. The company returns and refunds procedure is as follows:
- Contact the company by emailing email@example.com or phone 086 138 8878 to report on a product to be returned.
- Please provide contact details, date and place of purchase, copy invoices and all details of the goods that are to be returned, including the full reasons why the goods are defective or unsuitable for purpose.
- Our customer services department will confirm whether the claim has been accepted or not. The company may refuse to repair or replace goods or refuse a refund and will provide the reason for this decision.
- Any return must include proof of purchase plus all accessories and instructions, and all original packaging that is still available. If the original packaging is not available, it is incumbent on the customer to make sure the goods are suitably packed in protective packaging, suitable for transport. The company will not be responsible for any damage in transit. If the product is returned damaged, there will be no onus on the company to give a refund.
- The return of defective goods under warranty or unsuitable goods can be made to the company via courier, insured against loss, damage and theft. The street addresses for all returns are the same as for the company head office in Port Elizabeth, details of which are below. An email should be sent in which the courier tracking number and courier details are to be given Once received, the company will notify receipt.
- If the claim is for goods that are defective, the company service centre will examine the goods for defects. A report will be issued on whether the goods were defective, were misused, or are of good quality. The following is not considered as being defective:
– faults resulting from normal wear and tear;
– damage arising from negligence, user abuse or incorrect usage of the product;
– damage arising from electrical surges or sea air corrosion;
– damage arising from a failure to adequately care for the product;
– damage arising from unauthorized alterations to the product; or
– where the specifications of a product, although accurately described on the website and generally fit for its intended purpose, do not suit the customer.
- If there is a claim that the goods supplied are unsuitable for purposes, the company will first investigate whether the actual purpose was communicated. If it was, the company will then provide a written report indicating whether the company believes the goods were unsuitable or not.
- If the goods were returned outside the seven day cooling-off period, or the report states that the goods were misused, were of good quality, were not provided to you for a specific purpose or were suitable for that purpose, then the company will not repair, replace, or refund the goods.
- If the returned the goods are within the seven day cooling-off period and the report states that the goods were defective, were provided for a specific purpose and were unsuitable for that purpose, then the customer has the option of repair, replace, or refund the price of the goods (if the customer is as a consumer as described under the CPA); or to compensate (if not a consumer as described under the CPA).
- If the choice is to repair or replace the goods or should the company decide to do so, the company will arrange this as soon as reasonably possible.
- If the choice is to a refund or the company decides to do so, the payment of the refunded amount will be paid into a nominated bank account (given in writing) within 30 days of cancellation.
Our customer services department contact details
- Telephone number: 086 138 8878
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Postal address: PO Box 15826, Emerald Hill, Port Elizabeth 6011
- Street address: Unit 4 Fairview Industrial Park, Leadwood Crescent, Fairview, Port Elizabeth, 6070
- Office hours: 08h00-17h00
Customer queries and complaints
The company aims for complete customer satisfaction. The company respects customers’ rights and always tries to comply with best practice and all relevant laws. If you are not satisfied with any of our goods, or have any questions, please contact our customer services department and have your invoice ready. We will try our best to solve your problem.
Any customer may still take the matter up with a suitable Ombud or other dispute resolution body or take legal action. The dispute resolution procedures under the CPA do not necessarily apply to all transactions with us. This policy does not exclude any other rights customers, or the company may have.