Top 7 causes of indoor air pollution
What is Indoor Air Pollution?
We are all aware of outdoor air pollution like smog, factory fumes and car emissions but what happens when this becomes indoor air pollution? Indoor Air Pollution occurs when certain air pollutants from particles and gases contaminate the air of indoor areas. Indoor Air Pollution can be dangerous and can cause respiratory diseases or even cancer.
7 Causes of Indoor Air Pollution
The likes of toxic products, poor ventilation, high temperature and humidity are a few of the main causes of indoor air pollution in our homes.
1. Asbestos is the leading cause of indoor air pollution. Asbestos is found in various materials used commonly in the automotive industry as well as home construction in the likes of coatings, paints, building materials and ceiling and floor tiles.
Asbestos is not as common anymore due to the fact that newer products do not contain asbestos. But can still be found in older homes
2. Formaldehyde can also still be found in paints, sealants and wood floors.
3. Radon can be found underneath your home in various types of bedrock and other building materials it can get into the walls of your home and cause indoor air pollution and put you and your family at risk.
We recommend an air purifier with an advanced multi stage cleaning system.
4. Tobacco smoke comes from outdoor and indoor areas and can also be an indoor air pollutant.
The Solenco CF8500 and CF8608 Air Purifier consist of 3 filters one of them being an activated carbon filter which removes the smoke, smells and odours.
5. Many contaminants that grow in damp environments can be brought in from outdoor areas. These are the likes of mildew, mould, bacteria, dust and mites as well as pet dander. When they come into your home they can make you sick.
We recommend a Dehumidifier that has air purifying function. The Solenco have 3 dehumidifiers that double up as an Air Purifier aswell. Meaco 12L Low Energy, Meaco 20L Low Energy and the Solenco Ultra Dry 30L.
6. There are many everyday objects that we have in our homes that can also be the cause of indoor Air Pollution. Like stoves, space heaters and fireplaces these all put out carbon monoxide as well as nitrogen dioxide.
7. Other household products such as varnishes, paints and some cleaning products can also let off pollution into the air that you breathe.
The Solenco Range of Air Purifiers offer an extremely high air filtration efficiency capturing airborne particles including allergens, pollen, dust, smoke and pet dander.
This is done by means of an advanced multi-stage cleaning system.
- The Pre Filter - which removes large airborne particles.
- True HEPA filter removes particles from the air as small as 0.3 microns - smaller than the eye can see.
- Carbon Filter removes smells and odours.
For more info on our range of Air Purifiers click here.